5 November 2013

Bonfire Day's Ride & Fireworks on the night

Just enough time today for a quick ride again as I was on firework duty tonight. My Super x was still in back so i used it again today, the only problem was the lines were up the eyes of cold wet mulchy leaves. Its time to drag out my On One Pompino with full mud guards on for some winter line riding from now. The new boots have done approx 80 miles now and todays temperature ranged form +3 to +6 degress. At the end the boots were plastered in wet mud and my feet were still dry and warm. I have ordered some Zip Oil to lube the zips up and see if they loosen up a little.
I have always enjoyed Bonfire Night and used to love walking over to Aykley Heads to watch the fire works and bonfire. I can remember chasing over the fields looking for the wooden sticks off the rockets and before there was Health & Safety cut in getting a good warm up from standing right next to the bonfire. This display stopped a few years ago and there is one at Beamish now instead. Now we do a home display from my mums with everyone fetching a few boxes around.





No comments:

Post a Comment