17 November 2013

Fresh Goods Sunday - Disc Pads

I have gone through many disc pads in my life of riding, some good and some not so good. Over the years the non oem market has just exploded and there are 10's of different compaines marketing disc pads. The advantage of this is the prices have been driven down to a more affordable price. The last few years i have used sintered compound on all of my fleet that have disc brakes. Some still have the original pads in them others have seen many pad changes. Im lucky that we only have a different couple of pad types so tend to buy in bulk when replacing my stock. CRC were selling off Clark pads a year or so ago in two pair bundles and two free inner cables for less that £9 inc delivery. Then i moved onto James Hall's RWD pads which they were selling at some Nutcracker rounds. Superstars are still also very good value for money and you can mix and match types in multi buy deals. My latest purchase was from ebay, a bloke is flogging them off but there are no springs but have loads of spare ones so bought a few. They turned up within days and look spot on. I havent fitted them yet as i have just replaced a set with my last RWD stock. Here is a link to his listing, £3.45 a pair inc p&p !




No comments:

Post a Comment