7 February 2014

Birtley - Consett - Bearpark offroad loop - then Friday wash up & service day

Day off work and the forecast was good again so i was up and out the door early on the bike. It was so dark i had to use my lights until i got to Birtley where i turned off and headed up the old line to Consett. I didnt notice just how cold it was until i seen the grass at the side of the track was white in places. By the time i got to Stanley it was -2 degress. The ice nearly caught me out at the twisty section before you get to Leadgate. The front wheel slipped out on black ice so it was time to take it steady. By the time i got to Consett the sun was out but there was a chilling wind. Time for a quick drink and some photos then left down the old line to Lanchester. I was clean until i got to the wooded section after Lanchester through to Langley Park, there was still alot of puddles, mud and wet slop. My feet were cold by the time i got back in but i didnt have my Wolvhammers on, just my old Northwave Artics. Great ride and quiet on the lines with only a few dog walkers and couple of runners, 35 miles in total and here is the Garmin Route. Then it was time for a wash / service of the bikes that i have used this week, they were in the need for some tlc!










Waiting to be washed


I had a spare GXP Sram Chainset so decied to put it on the Eastway







Saved 206g = nearly 1/2lbs less weight to haul around

No comments:

Post a Comment