23 February 2014

Summer Bikes - Spring Clean / Service Time

With it blowing a near gale outside this morning i decided to drag out my summer / drier months bikes for a Spring clean / service so they are ready for action. First up is my Cannondale Supersix Himod road bike. First i gave it wash and then gave the drivetrain a good old degrease. Dried it off and whipped the wheels out so i could polish the frame & forks. When i had the wheels out i swapped the tyres front to back and back to front as the rear is starting to get worn, should get another season out of them. I also replaced the brake pads as there wasnt much life left in them. I replaced them with some proper replacements and not aftermarket ones. I have found the Shimano Dura Ace pads give excellent stopping power in all conditions and last a long time.
Then it was onto my Cannondale Super X Himod CX bike. Again i gave it a wash and degreased the drivetrain. Dried it off and polished the frame & forks. Cleaned up the bar tape and white hoods with some industrial wipes. I didnt replace any parts but checked over the seatpacks to make sure i had all my spares/tools in. Pumped up the tyres and its ready for some dusty miles!









No comments:

Post a Comment