20 October 2014

Cannondale Supersix Evo Nano Black Ltd Edt bike build

I have ridden Cannondale road bikes since the early years of Caad 4 alu frames through to the more modern Supersix Hi mod carbon models. The ride is spot on for me, not too harsh but when you want to give it a push they will react. The flex in the frames is just right under normal power and out of the saddle giving it some on steep climbs. I once owned a Scott Addict and that was light but so harsh you could not ride it for more than 1/2 hour as you were shacken to pieces, the seat tube cracked and was replaced under warranty and i sold it on. Back to Cannondale i went. Since buying the fat bike a couple of years ago and building up the Krampgrease the road bike has not seen much action, just the odd ride now and then. My Supersix was more than adequate for what i do and will have probably lasted me for many more years to come but since the Evo Edition came out i have always been thinking about upgrading the frameset. I am more than happy with my old 10speed Dura ace groupset & Mavic wheels so was not looking at buying a full replacement bike. Then the Nano Black model came up on special at Westbrook cycles a few clicks and it was here the next day. The Nano came with the chainset, bb, headset & seat collar, i then transfered the groupset, wheels, bars, stem from the Supersix. Easy swap and did not take long if you have the correct Cannondale tools for the bb/chainset and headset press. A couple of components that i could not swap was the seatpost as the nano is 27.2 compaired to 31.6 on the supersix, i had a spare one so that was sorted. The front mech is a braze on compaired to a clamp on the supersix, again i had a spare one. My old saddle was red and did not look right (see photo below) so swaped it for a black one from another bike. The only other thing i bought was some new bar tape, i managed to get some matt gold tape by Deda to match the gold logos on the frameset. I have ridden the complete bike and it rides well, as expected really. I cannot notice a huge amount of diference from my Supersix but very small changes in less flex in the frame and accerlerates faster out of the saddle. I have not ridden for more than 2hrs so cannot comment on long time comfort but had no porblems so far on short distance/time rides that i have done. Time to get a few more miles under the tyres then  

I sold the standard sized spidering and fitted my compact size





740g inc rear mech hanger and bolt




Uncut fork weight

The Evo SI expander wedge also came with the headset





I have swaped the saddle & seatpin since this photo and is now under 14lbs with deep section wheels & 25c tyres

Time to get the Fenwicks foaming degreaser out and spruss up the cassette & chain


Small evo logo on the inside of the fork legs


Might swap the white/black saddle bag for an all black version


Gold strip down the back of the seat tube

    

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, I'm in a similar predicament, was your old Supersix the original Made in USA one ? How does the Evo Nano compare to it (one of my all time fave bikes by the way, love mine but tempted by pretty new things !)

    ReplyDelete