23 November 2014

Fresh Goods Sunday - Park Tool TL-5 Heavy Duty Tyre Levers

Spoons, i can remeber trying to take tyres of my bike when i was a young'un with the ends of the spoons from my mums cutlery draw, what a laugh. How times have changed, i have been through loads of cheapo plastic levers that snap, levers that just dont work to my good old fashioned metal levers (see pic below). I dont like using tyre levers if at all possible but when you have got a tight tyre/rim combo and your thumb ends are red raw theres no option. My metal ones are strong enough but you cannot get much leverage on them as they are only short - hence i have bought the grand daddy of all tyre levers - Park TL-5 heavy duty beasts. I have not tried them yet but are ready and waiting for action! rrp is £23 (for a pair) shock horror, i would not pay that but as normla shop around, I paid £13.36 inc next day delivery, i still hink that is on the high side but they are the grand daddies. Here is the blurb from Park Tool on them -  
The TL-5 Heavy Duty Tire Lever Set is designed for use on the toughest tire and rim combinations.

•Made of forged steel, these beefy levers are a full 8" (20.3 cm) long for superior leverage.
•Specially designed tip engages tire bead so it can be removed with just two levers.
•Ideal for difficult to remove downhill and freestyle tires.
•Set of two.



Found these old Pedros Milk levers in my rubbish tub, retro or what

No comments:

Post a Comment