26 February 2015

First ride this week and the week is nearly over :-{

This is the first time I have had to chance to turn a wheel. Its been totally manic at work and busy when I get back home = no spare time for riding. Had some canny mixed weather as well, not too worry as I managed to squeeze a quick out & back blast along the old line to Bishop. It was overcast and blowing a near gale heading out but by the time I nearly got to Bishop the sun was shinning and a tail wind back for the return leg. The line was wet/muddy in places with the overnight rain and early morning showers but other sections were fast & dry. As for the temperature it was nearly 9 degrees at 6am in the van but had dropped to 4 degrees when I set off on the bike. It felt warmer on the return leg with the sun out and the wind on my back, I even broke a sweat and had to pull my zip down on my jacket!!  Fingers crossed I might even squeeze another ride in tomorrow before the weekend. Below are a couple of snaps from today, more soon -
just on the outskirts of Willington

turning point at Bishop, didn't even have time for a sit down & drink


someone has been having a good clear out of the woods at Willington

nearly back to the start and the sun is shinning

No comments:

Post a Comment