22 February 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Bibia Spatlap Touring Mudflap

I have been after a replacement mudflap for my front mudguard on my Eastway ST1.0. The one i originally fitted tore and was binned. I was after something more stronger/longer lasting and a quick search on ebay i came across this Bibia flap which was just over a fiver inc the p&p. Its not the lightest of things but is made from thick flexible rubber. I drilled out the rivet holding the old black plastic trim on the bottom of the guard to remove it. I did intend to just bend the two strap sections around the profile of the existing mud guard but it did not get a strong enough hold for me so i decided to bolt it on instead. Once fitted i just cut the two staps off and its working a treat keeping the spray from the bottom of the down tube/bb area and offering more protection to my feet.





No comments:

Post a Comment