7 February 2015

Saturday morning local offroad ride on the Krampgrease

Up and out just before 8am on the Krampgrease this morning. There was an overnight frost so the old lines were frozen solid until the lovely winters sun started to melt the top. It was -3 degrees when I left home with a beautiful sun rise in the background. I headed over to Baxters Wood junction, turned right and straight up to the coal truck junction at Consett. It was 2.2 degrees when I got to the top so had a quick drink and take a few photos. From there I turned right and headed all the way down to Cox Green. By the time I got to Beamish woods the temperature had dropped to just above freezing again. Once at Cox Green I crossed the river and headed the back way to Lambton Estate then Fencehouses, Lumley, Finchale Abbey then back home. All in just under 43miles and was a most enjoyable steady away ride. The Krampgrease performed without any problems and is a true joy to ride. Below are a few photos from the ride. When I got back in the sun was still shinning so I made the most of it and washed/cleaned the van, car and two bikes. Hopefully get out on the road bike tomorrow, more soon.
























No comments:

Post a Comment