27 February 2015

Some Friday fun on the Krampgrease over at the forest

The sun was shinning, well most of the time and it is Friday so time to spin a few miles in. Todays ride was a trip out for my Krampgrease to Hamsterley Forest for a change. I was in the area today visiting sites so made the most of it. The mud and trails have not improved any since the last time I was there, if anything they are even more trashed. I got that bored of riding single track that needs re topping I took to the fire roads for some climbing training and get some miles in. I did most of the black on the way out, then some fire roads to the very top crossroads / quarry, followed by the red down to the grove.  From the Grove onto the forest drive to join along the grove link back to the visitors centre. The Maxxis Chronicles were struggling in the wet mud but if you kept it rolling along they were not too bad on most of the trails. As I have said the sun was out which thawed the frost from the fire roads making them real soft and sloppy hard work with a strong headwind my legs were getting a good old work out. Did not see many other cyclists apart from two and four walkers.
Update - angus has just showed me some photos that marky m took from the forest today, i didnt see him but i did follow one set of tyre tracks right out the back and thought someone is keen ! I also seen  dave mc heading through hmsterley village with his bike on the back as well, small world.
Below are a few pics from ride, enjoy as the weekend is nearly here.
looks like they still have a problem with petrol powered idiots




talk about trail erosion

er think the young'uns have took the wrong turn

this is when you need front suspension!



Straight on through the gap - unmarked single track trail - knee deep in mud

I turned right and took the proper trail, straight up is a complete mud bath/push

rooty wall trail

full of massive deep cold puddles

canny climb this one

and more to go

all new surface to some of the fire roads


finally at the top crossroads


and down I go


left over from some keen enduro boyo

grove link back to the start

just how I feel some days

and back to the start


No comments:

Post a Comment