24 March 2015

Catch up time on some graft and swapping Krampgrease 29+ / Beargrease 26+ tyres over

From getting back from Kielder's road trip last week I have never stopped, well apart from yesterday (Monday) as I am bad with flue like symptoms and was in bed for most of the day. I have been doing many jobs around my mums house and here at home, the list just never seems to end at the mo and is taking some catching up. The weather hasn't been the best, spent three days working outside freezing my butt off in the wind (probably how I caught a cold) but the forecast is looking better mid week.
Today after decorating my mums kitchen I decided to dig out the spring / summer 26+ & 29+ tyres for a swap around. Before starting I always fire up the compressor for the tank to fill up, this has got to be one of the best investments I have bought since owing fat bikes!
29+ Krampgrease - took off the Maxxis 3" Chronicles and re fitted the Surly 3" Knard's.
26+ Beargrease - took off the Surly 4" Nates and re fitted 45nrth 4" Dillingers
Spare 26+ wheelset - left the Surly 5" Bud on the front and refitted 45nrth 4" Husker Du to the rear.
Arrans Mukluk 26+ - I have kept the Surly Dirt Wizards on for the mo but have a spare 45nrth 4" Husker Du and a pair of worn On One 4" floaters ready to fit at some time later.
Approx an hour later all sorted, whilst in the man cave it went dark and there was a hail storm followed by heavy rain, just great!
Whilst I had the wheels out of the frames / forks I gave the inside of the frames / drop outs and inside of the forks a good clean and check all the brake pads for wear. I decided to fit a new pair of pads to the rear of the Krampgrease as they were nearly down to the bone.
Planning on getting a ride in tomorrow, Wednesday if the weather and myself picks up. More soon -


No comments:

Post a Comment