22 March 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Continental Race 28 (700c) Supersonic S42 Inner tubes

I have bought three Conti Supersonic inner tubes for my Dale Supersix Evo. These are one of the lightest road tubes on the market without spending mega bucks. I have used Conti Supersonic tubes on xc mtb and kids 650c road bikes before with mixed success so thought I would give them a go. There was two reasons to buy them and that was to get my road bike weight down to less than 13lbs and they were considerably cheaper than the £12.99rrp. I had an order of various consumable parts a while a go from Bike Discount and these made it up to free p&p, I paid less than £6.90 each for them. There is no way on earth I would ever pay £13 for a road tube, they are just not worth that. Here is a link to them. Yes they are very thin as you would expect and are bang on the claimed weight (see  photo below). They also come in a 60mm valve length for deep section rims. I cannot comment on there performance yet as they have not done enough miles yet.
Here is the manufacturers blurb -
Super lightweight butyl tube, even lighter than latex but not porous, so no need to reflate every day. Can also be fixed with a normal puncture kit.

Use: All purpose inner tube and excellent replacement inner tube for your road bike
Material: Butyl tubes with renowned Continental quality
Durability: Each and every inner tube passes a stringent 100% quality control inspection
Design: Seamless construction, with a mould-cured vulcanisation, to ensure uniform roundness and give a smooth ride and handling

no washer or valve cap



Not made in Germany!!

No comments:

Post a Comment