8 March 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Genuine Innovations Microflate Nano Co2 Inflator

I already have two Innovations Air Chuck Co2 inflators in my seat packs on my Beargrease's and have used them several times with no problems. I was thinking about carrying one on my summer road bike with just one Co2 cartridge for "just in case moments". Its a faff on taking the one of my Beargrease and swapping into my road seat pack every time I use the bike so I was after another one but did not want to pay the £25rrp for the air chuck model. Again when we were in the Lakes we were having a look around Arragons Cycles in Penrith and they had an excellent display of Genuine Innovations products. There were several models inc the Microflate Nano model. As you can see the rrp is £15 inc one 16g cartridge. It works in a slightly different way to the air chuck where you screw in the cartridge in pierce the hole, then attached chuck to value then screw the cartridge back to release the air. I haven't tried it out yet but the head feels good quality but not as sturdy and is bigger than the air chuck. Time will tell if it lasts as long and hopefully I will not need to use it that often!!

Here the manufacturers blurb - Genuine Innovations MicroFlate Nano CO2 Inflator with 16g Cartridge
Genuine Innovations most economical mini inflator, now in yellow. Works with all Genuine Innovations threaded cartridges (except 45 gram) and Big Air!
Light weight, easy to carry in your jersey or in a small bag, but make no mistake, this mini inflator is a heavyweight when it comes to topping off or inflating a tyre. Simple, twist-to-inflate technology makes it easy to use. Fully controllable, simply thread cartridge onto the inflator, tighten until cartridge is pierced, press nozzle onto the tyre valve, then twist cartridge to release gas into the tyre. Takes only seconds and you'll be back on the road.
- Supplied with a 16g threaded cartridge
- Compatible with Presta and Schraeder valves, 12, 16, 25g threaded cartridges and the Big Air 40g cylinder





No comments:

Post a Comment