10 March 2015

Sunny blast out of the road machine

The only sun forecast this week was today so I decided to drag out my good summer road machine for a local blast around the hills. Yes the sun was out for most of the time but so was the wind which still made it very nippy in the shaded sections and the descents. I kept it local and joined in on the Durham Beast Ride route just outside Lanchester and followed the route until I reached the A68 at Tow Law (old bus turning circle) where I headed straight down to Willington and back to the start. There was plenty of climbing and mostly into a headwind, but its a good workout. I climbed just under 4000ft so was happy with that. As most of the route is on country back lanes I had no problems with traffic and just enjoyed the views with the sun shinning away. As for the Cannondale Evo Nano Black Edt it is just some machine, it climbs like nothing else I have ever ridden. The new Mavic SYS SLR wheel set is bedding in now and the brakes are less noisy today. Bring on more days like today and that will keep me more than happy. Below are a few photos, not many as I did not want to keep stopping as my wheels were rolling well. More soon -









No comments:

Post a Comment