23 April 2015

Local offroad ride again on the Beargrease and a catch up

What a week it has been, work is just crazy busy, Angus is looking for a job as he leaves school in 4 weeks. Took him through to Gateshead for an apprenticeship test. Van brakes are playing up again! My shoulder is no better. After the hospital appointment today looks like I is the top/back of my left ribs that is the problem. Different exercises to do and another follow up appointment to see if I am getting any better. If no signs of progress they are going to have a closer look at my ribs. Today managed to squeeze in a short steady ride on the Beargrease again. The weather has been fantastic with the sun blazing away nearly all day every day. Rain is coming though so the trails will not be so dusty!
The Topeak Fat pump landed yesterday but will be going back. The pressure gauge dial is always on 4 psi! not good and its the first time I have every had a faulty Topeak product, not to worry.
The first issue of Cranked mtb magazine dropped through the door today, so if I can find some spare time I will have a flick through it and post some info up here.
Below are a few sunny pics from today tootle, more soon -
Went down to the !sands" on the way out

and had an explore down the bottom end

loads of new singletrack through the thorn bushes!

bumpy downhill, just made it

through the woods

and down past Frankland


the woods were looking good in the sun light today

pushed up the steps to save my arm/falling off

sweating like a pig by the time I got to the top


normally blast down this short flight of steps, not today

more beautiful flowers in different woods

through old mount oswald

along to Baxsters wood

stream/rivers very low in Durham at the mo


back way to Whitesmocks, New College, The Carrs then back in

No comments:

Post a Comment