14 April 2015

Tumble in the woods on the Beargrease

I was going to take out the road bike but there was 30mph winds so decided to take the Beargrease out in the sun instead. Just a local loop dropping into the local woods and within 30 seconds I was on my singletrack but I decided to descend the hill from a different direction. All was well until I got to the end where there was steep drop off/ditch. I looked at it and I was going to get off but decided to give it a go at the last second. Half way through I knew I was not going to make. Before I knew it I was flying through the air heading for the ground with my spds still clicked in, next thing I had a face full of dirt, helmet visor pinged off and the Beargrease lying on my back. I managed to get my self up, a quick dust down, sort the bike out, camera is trashed (but still sort of working'ish) I then took 5 mins to get the stars from eyes! I should have turned back but I kept going, the pain down my left side / shoulder is unreal and struggled to get off/on the bike and nothing bumpy. Back home no visual signs of anything apart some bark off so must be internal, see what tomorrow morning brings if I get any sleep tonight. Its been a long time since I have had a big'ish off, her in doors said "you are not 21 anymore love" cheers just what I need as she is helping to take my top off. Going to look for some pain killers now and put my feet up for the rest of the night.

it was at the bottom of this track where I come a cropper

kids been have a camp fire and a few tins/bottles by the looks of it


tree down opposite the rugby club

up the trod in the sun




nearly home now, thank god, clouding over


No comments:

Post a Comment