17 May 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Alpkit Possum frame bag MK II

If you are a follower of my blog then you will have probably already read about my first Alpkit Possum fame bag. Well I have decided to buy a second one so both the Salsa Carbon Beargrease / Krampgrease have one each. Since buying the first one it has carried all sorts and has never failed yet. The medium size was a perfect fit in the frame and with two longer Velcro straps for the down tube its a good'un.
This time I stuck with black and medium size and the price is the same £50 inc p&p. Ed never forgot the two longer Velcro straps either. It arrived within days of ordering via the Royal Mail. Once I opened it up I was expecting it to be identical to the one I had but placing the two together the new one is slight longer (but still fits in the frame) and not so high (reduced capacity). The width is the same and so is the lay out of compartments. The key holder is at the bottom end of the bag instead of the top and the Alpkit logo is red with white lettering instead of just white lettering.
I took the old one of the Krampgrease and fitted it too the Beargrease as I don't have anything red on that bike. I then fitted the new one to the Krampgrease as the Sram XX1 has red logos. The new one dose not fit the frame as well as the old one, probably due to the reduced height but is still good for a standard, none custom bag. Its now loaded up with pump, energy bar, lock and just enough room for pertex, camera, phone and some money.
Here is a link to the ALPKIT Website
defo a different shape/size




No comments:

Post a Comment