24 May 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Altura Podium Short Sleeved Jersey

I collected this jersey from Westbrook Cycles a few while ago and have used it several times. As I have mentioned before I don't wear Altura jerseys but have loads of Gore Bike Wear ones. Checking the size guide the XXL comes in at approx 45 5/8". I am approx 46" but have big wide shoulders / top of back. After trying it on it is a snug fit under the arms and across the back of my shoulders but is too big on top of my shoulders/neck area. The fit is ok around my chest/belly area as well. I am not sure if it is the cut of the jersey or the material but the overall fit/feel of the jersey is not as comfortable as any of my Gore tops. The venting material under the arm pit areas defo works and there are plenty of rear pockets - 2no small ones, 3no larger ones & one has a zipped pocket. The front also has a full length zip which I also like.  The overall design/look/colour of the jersey is appealing to my eye. The main reason for buying the top was due to the longer sleeve length. When riding the sleeves tend to ride up my arms and I have to keep pulling them back down, this is probably due to the tight fitting under the arms/shoulders. The sleeves cover most of my skin graft and that was the reason for trying the jersey out. Overall the jersey has not got the feel, quality or fit compared to Gore jerseys so in future I will be sticking with what works / fits me best - Gore Bike Wear. The rpp is £59 but Altura gear is always heavily discounted at the end of seasons. Here is a link to the manufacturers website
Code:AL25POD
Aggressively cut stretch fabrics for optimal performance on the road.
• 4-way stretch underarm mesh for breathability
• 5 rear pockets with mesh construction, plus 1 with autolock zip
• Silicone hem gripper
• Autolock front zip
• Long skin fit stretch arms
• Reflective detail
• Ultra high wicking Interlock fabric
• Audio port
100% Polyester
Performance Fit / Breathable / Stretch / Coldblack

Sizes Available:

  • L
  • M
  • S
  • XL
  • XXL

Colours Available:

  • BLACK/NEON GREEN
  • BLUE
  • RED








No comments:

Post a Comment