3 May 2015

Fresh Goods Sunday - Part 1, Birzman Crown Race Setting Tool

I have been after a crown race setting tool for many years but the price always puts me off as I don't fit crown races very often. I have used a hammer / large flat blade screw driver or open vice for the last 30 years and has always seemed to work. Whilst on holiday over Easter there was an email from PBK with discount off workshop tools. I clicked on the link and come across this Birzman model. I only have a couple of Birzman tools, quality is ok, value for money is ok if they are in the sale. The Park Tool crown race setting tool is mega bucks so this fitted the bill. It comes with 1" & 1 1/8" adaptors as standard. They also had 1 1/4" & 1 1/5" adaptors for the same tool (see Part 2 next week). The rrp is £39.99, I would say this is over priced looking at the build quality of the tool but I paid £24.70 inc next day delivery. I have not had the chance to use it yet but looks simple enough and the adaptors should sit nicely on crown races.

no instructions in the box but on the back of the box



you would not find defects like this on new Park Tools

1" & 1 1/8" adaptors

No comments:

Post a Comment