15 May 2015

Sunny Friday local road ride to end the week

Last day of the working week and the sun has finally decided to come out, but so has the wind. Today as its flexi Friday at work I had time for a longer loop and the sun was shinning so the Super Evo Nano Black Edt came out for a spin.
I kept it local but head off into the hills up to / around the back of Tow Law which was mainly a head wind all the way up and still chilly in places. From there the last climb was out of Thorpe back into Tow Law when my legs felt tired so it was a quick blast down to Willington with a tail wind and back to base. Just under 2500ft of climbing and max speed 41mph.
Its lovely to be riding such a comfortable / quick road bike in such lovely conditions compared to the overcast / cold weather / wind we have had all week. I have not checked the weekends forecast but I did plan on doing the Velo29 sportive Croft / Buttertubs event but my accident and recent cold have put pay to that. There is no entry on the day so unless you have pre entered, no goodie bag.
Talking of that I got the all clear from the hospital yesterday and don't have to go back, she was happy with my shoulder/rib/movement. My cold is still lingering and now have a bad cough and still full of snot!
Below are some sunny snaps from ride, more soon including some 27.5"+ semi fat!










 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment