2 June 2015

Bowman Pilgrims - Di2 wiring & filling/bleeding the brakes

The six Di2 cables and front rotor landed today so spent some time tonight passing the wires through the frame etc. The wires from the shifters to Junction A (under the stem) were easy. The one from the internal battery up inside the seat post was not so easy and i had to tape a weight on the end to drop it down through the seat tube and into the bb area. The one from Junction A to Junction B was also a little fiddly but I used an old inner cable as a draw wire. The front mech to Junction B only took a few minutes but I cannot get the Di2 grommet to fit into the frame very well. 
Last but not least the rear mech to Junction B - what a nightmare, tried for over 30 mins and gave up trying to feed it through. Finally got an inner cable through and tapped on the di2 cable, started to pull it through but got caught on something and could not pull it back out. I have had to order another one now so not a happy bunny. I have now got an inner and outer through the rear stay to have another go at pulling a wire through when the replacement one lands.
I then moved on to filling up the brakes and bleeding them. The mineral oil, tube, and bags were all in the kit so only needed my syringe and cup filler thing. After well over an hour I think I have all the air out but the levers still seem to have a lot of travel back to the bars.
Junction A - 5 Port under the stem

Front Mech to Junction B

Junction B waiting for last cable before I feed it up the down tube & fit the bb/chainset

Bleeding the brakes

Front 140mm rotor fitted

Rear Mech to Junction B - nightmare

No comments:

Post a Comment