27 June 2015

Early morning Saturday ride around Durham

Me and Angus were up and out by 7.30am for a lovely morning ride down to Durham, around Maiden Castle, up the trod and back around Durham then home. Angus was starting his shift at ten so we didn't have long to play in the sunshine. It was red hot as well and loads of walkers up and out in Durham city centre. The trails were still damp in the woods but where they were exposed to the sunlight they are still bone dry and running fast. I have fitted my Gravelkings on the Pilgrims and this was the first test ride. I would say the overall ride was a near 50/50 split between tarmac and gravel trail. I was not honking but tyres felt ok on the loose stuff and the back end only lost traction once on a corner that had damp silt mud topping on top of the gravel. Angus had no probs / comfy ride on the Krampgrease but I was faster / easier going on the smooth tarmac sections. I was surprised at how close I could keep with him on the trails! More testing required I say. Below are a few pics from ride, more soon and enjoy the weather before it buckets it down tomorrow!!!
taking the smoother grass option instead of the steps


rubber is tacky


I would get it shifted before NCP warden starts his rounds

top of trod, lovely view of the Cathedral today

sunny





Jim from MTS was coming the other way, near the bull






No comments:

Post a Comment