12 June 2015

Last suuny day on the Bowmans Pilgrims - dusty lines to the coast

Another red hot day again today but more wind and some cloud. I had planned a local road ride but ended up at Pelton and the C2C route was not far away so I decided to head down to the coast for a change. The temperature dropped as I got nearer the coast and there was a strong wind blowing in off the north sea straight up the river wear. My turning point today was Sunderland Glass Centre. I wanted to try the Pilgrims out on the lines and there are a few short'ish sections of gravel but the Conti 4 season 25c tyres were to narrow and hard so had to take it steady on the corners and bumpier parts. I have come to the conclusion that I need a minimum of 28c tyres for old lines / tarmac routes. This will be the last sunny ride of the week as the forecast is going to tip down nearly all day Saturday & Sunday with temperatures just into double figures! just great.
































No comments:

Post a Comment