8 June 2015

Wet, windy & cold spin on the Bowman Pilgrims

Went to work this morning and the sun was blazing away at 6.30am. Once I am in our depot my room has no windows, natural ventilation, daylight etc so I haven't a clue what's happening out in the real world. I checked the forecast and they said dry all day - champion I thought get a quick ride in on the Pilgrims. It went very dark just as I was leaving and within a mile it was chucking down, windy and 8 degrees on the Garmin. The bus stop at the next village was full of people sheltering from the rain so had to huddle up on a gable end for some shelter. I waited 10-15 minutes for it to blow over but it didn't stop but eased slightly. I made a dash for it over the tops and back to base. I was soaked and wet through even with my pertex.
On the plus side the bike rode well and the Di2 is mega fast at changing. Still getting used to it and the front mech needs a slight tweak on the outer limit screw. I could have done with my full mudguards on as I was covered in spray from the running water on the roads. Bowman are sending the mounts in the post as they were not ready when he sent the frameset.
The ride was too short to get a proper feel for the bike but am happy with the build, don't need to change the length of my stem as the bars / dis hydro hoods are long. Just need some lightweight blue mtb skewers to finish it off and a round Di2 grommet.
Hopefully there might be some dry weather the next time I take it out and get a few more miles under the rubber on it.
Crim looking over Deerness Valley



Cathedral in the distance

Dash over the top


and back down again


No comments:

Post a Comment