5 July 2015

Early Sunday Morning local road ride on the Nano Black inc

Firstly apologies for the lack of blogs this week but one thing or another inc excessive heat & lack of sleep has paid its toll. Yesterday I took Jane and Arran down to Whitby for the day to chill out a little, decided not to take the bikes and just have a walk around the town, up the steps to the Abbey, slot machines, fish n chips washed down by ice cream! Angus is working all weekend, again!
Today I was up at 5am with the sun blazing away so decided to go for a local road ride on the bling machine. What I did not notice was just how cold it was at 6am in the shade! Garmin was reading 8 degrees and I didn't take my warm warmers so the first half of the ride where there was no sun was chilly to say the least. The second half warmed up and by the time I got back in after 8am it was 14 degrees. The roads were lovely and quiet but still a few cars kicking around at that time of day, also a few other cyclists also out for an early morning ride. My mind and body was not in the ride at first but with the sun on my back and a couple of steep hills later I was getting more into it until I was climbing out of Coxhoe to turn right to Kelloe and a fellow cyclists come whizzing past me at probably double my speed! just great I thought, but I was steady away'ish up the hill.
I went through Crossgate, Nevilles Cross, Cock of the North, Durham, Maiden Castle, Low & High Shincliffe, Bowburn, Coxhoe, Kelloe, Quarrington Hill, Cassop, Shadforth, Sherburn Hill, Sherburn Village, Low Pittington, Carrville, Framwellgate Moor. Local 32 mile village ride I call it!
In the afternoon me and Arran went to the Extreme Torque Show @ Nissan, more on that soon











No comments:

Post a Comment