8 August 2015

Catch up over the week & early Saturday morning local road ride

What a week it has been, Jane caught a very bad bug from Angus who then passed it onto me. I lost over 1/2 a stone in approx 8hrs! flat on my back for two days and could not move to far away from the toilet. At one point it was coming out of both ends at the same time. Still not a 100% but had my first ride since our summer hols this morning. Talking of summer hols we finally managed to finish cleaning / fixing up the aftermath of Peebles and the dreadful weather.
Today I decided to drag out my top end carbon road bling for a blast around the local villages. The Cannondale Nano Black Ltd Inc does ride very well and climbs with ease, not like me at the mo. I did a diversion on the end of my usual route to get the mileage to over 40miles. It was still chilly at 7am with the temperature just above 8 degrees going through Shincliffe. The sun was in and out with very little wind. The farmers have been busy cutting / bailing their crops and so have the stone chipping gangs. I had to divert from my route from Sherburn Village to High Pittington as they were chipping the road along past the hotel. There was also a lot more traffic than normal which is strange as its holiday time etc. Below are a few pics from ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon, all the best -
















No comments:

Post a Comment