9 September 2015

Cruise up the old railway line to Hownsgill viaduct on the Beargrease

I decided to give my legs a couple of days rest after Sundays ride up in Weardale. So today I took the carbon Beargrease for a nice comfy ride up the old line to Hownsgill viaduct and back. It was overcast and cold to start with but soon warmed up and took my arm warmers off but still had a base layer, top & gillet on. The temperature topped out at 11 degrees, I think summer has gone but they reckon its going to be warmer Thurs & Fri. As for the ride my legs were feeling ok going up and was spinning away nicely. Once at the viaduct it was a quick drink as it was blowing a near gale then turned and headed back down the line. I now could understand why I was flying up as I had a steady tailwind all the way which made the return leg a freezing cold wind straight into my face all the way back. Below are a few pics from the ride, enjoy and more soon
Don't forget its the NECCL RD1 2015 Series on this Saturday @ Hetton Lyons Country Park.





















No comments:

Post a Comment