31 October 2015

Early Saturday morning local road ride on the Bowman Pilgrims

With the clocks changing and not getting out until after 6.30am the sun was just rising but that did not last long. The weather started off with good visibility but a strongish head wind as I headed towards Nevilles Cross then I turned and headed towards Bearpark out of the wind. It was still dusky so had both lights turned on the front and one rear. Once out of Waterhouses I decided to turn left and up the killer climb to Stanley Crook. This is where the visibility dropped to less than a 100yards. I turned both lights on the rear and both on the front. It was terrible riding conditions and could not wait to loose some height again. Once I dropped down to Langley Park it was a lot better but still not a 100%. A good 30miler in 2hrs with 2500ft of climbing. Time to charge the bike lights up and change the AAA batteries in the Smart R2 rear.
Also give the bike a wash and oil as well. One thing I did notice today when pottering along a quiet back country lane was I still had my mtb pedals on as I forgot to change them to my road pedals when I converted the Pilgrims into a 100% winter road bike.
Here are some photos, more soon, enjoy -

















No comments:

Post a Comment