27 December 2015

Cannondale Beast of the 'N' East - Part 3 - first ride

Well the forecast was right, it has finally stopped raining and sun has come out - long time no see. Me and my two boyos hit the local, very wet/muddy trails this am for a spin out. I took the Beast of the East (well for most of the ride), Angus on the Krampgrease & Arran on his Scott Scale.
It was a bedding in ride and due to the trail conditions it was testing its traction/grip to the maximum. After the first few miles I had decided the saddle needs to go up a touch and slide back on the rails. Rear mech cable needs a quarter turn, tyre pressure was too high, 18psi rear & 15psi front. I am going to drop them down to 12psi front & 15psi rear and see how I get on. The Lefty defo works and I came back with no sore arms/wrists and the more upright position helped my bad back as well. It was just too wet / muddy to be chucking it about on the singletrack through the woods, plenty time for that. It was more comfy to ride than both the Beargrease & Krampgrease. Cannot say I noticed the difference in rolling diameter between the 27.5+ & 29+ wheels but we were only on a short steady local ride with no big ups or downs to speak of.
Below are some pics from the ride, enjoy and more soon -













































No comments:

Post a Comment