17 January 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - BBB Co2 holder (BBC-90)

The Co2 holders I have on my Beargrease & Krampgrease are both Genuine Innovation ones which hold up to 4no cartridges and are strong and robust. Unfortunately they are no longer made for Genuine Innovations. So I was on the look out for a different one for the Beast of East. I did not need to carry four canisters, just two so the BBB one looked just the job.
A quick google and several online site sell them such as Sigma Sport, £4.45, rrp £4.95 but I knew Start Cycles had a large/good display of BBB items and as we were at Newcastle I called in past and they had several in stock.
There are a lot thinner and more flexible which was a good thing as I had to bend the chainset side out a little so the canister could clear the front mech bracket on the frame. The canisters don't seem to get such a good tight hold as the Genuine Innovations one but they still nipped up. I will check to see if they rattle loose after a couple of shake down rides.
I have not mounted it under my water cage as I mount my mini pump there. You could cut the other side off and just have the one cartridge if required and may be a spare in your seat pack.
It has a nice matt black finish with a small white BBB logo on the front.

Manufacturers blurb -
The Bottle Cage Co2 Bracket from BBB can be mounted in place of your bottle cage or underneath it. The bracket can mount 2 x threaded Co2 cartridges, freeing up valuable space.
BBB CO2 Hold 2 x CO2 Cartridges Bracket / Holder
BBB Model Number: BBC-90
6061 T6 aluminum bracket with mounts for two CO2 cartridges.
Can be mounted under the bottle cage.
Cartridges are stored both safely and within reach.
Weight: 11g
6061 T6 aluminium bracket
Mounting bolts not included
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment