21 February 2016

Saturday afternoon walk home from the DLI & a Sunday morning run

After I got back in from my morning bike ride it was time for some jobs. After the jobs Jane and Arran was parking up at the DLI to walk into Durham. Me and Angus decided to have a walk home via many different paths / routes and planned on approx 2hrs. Arran changed his mind and joined in on our walk home. It was cold and overcast when we left but the sun came out within five minutes of leaving and we were soon cooking. I had on my new Alt Berg boots which I also wore everyday when we were over in the lakes to bed them in. Arran has some white/black Nike trainers due to him changing his mind at the last min and left his Berghaus walking boots at home. Angus had his Berghaus gortex walking shoes on but was still slipping and sliding all over the muddy grass sections. Saying that my soles clogged up and I was struggling for grip as well, they are spot on stoney / gravel drier terrain.
They are also lovely and warm and plugging through 2+" deep muddy water my feet were dry as well.
I was also trying out my new Barbour coolmax walking socks which I bought from John Norris in Penrith. They are a little thicker than what I thought they would be and will report back after a few more walks in them. After 2hours taking in local woods etc we were back home rather warm and sweaty. More walking soon hopefully.

This morning - I was planning on going out on my bike but must have had a bump to the head or something as I dug out my trail trainers instead and went for a local run from the doorstep. Jane and Angus also joined me covering a steady away 3.6miles in 39 mins. The route was very flat with only a couple of uphill clicks. Once I had warmed up it was not too bad lol, by god my legs will be paying the price by Tuesday. Its always been a couple of days after when my aches / pains come out. Enjoyed it so planning on doing a few more runs, steady routes to start with then more hilly / offroad routes like I used to do and hopefully loose some weight and gain some fitness as well. I will be looking at doing Fell Running again - not lol


we soon got side tracked



some big air from Arran

new boots bedding in














No comments:

Post a Comment