13 March 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - Crane Sakura Handlebar Bell - Brass

Bells to you as well! I was after another good bell for my new Beast of the 'N' East bike as it only had a cheapo plastic type one that comes with bikes for free. I bought my Amba disc bell from Ghyllside Cycles a few years ago and had no problems but wanted something a little louder.
When we were over in the Lakes we called into Ghyllside as I wanted to look at the new Brooks C13 carbon saddle, 2016 45nrth boots, jones bars and wildcat bike bags. He still had the disc bells but this one caught my eye. Time to try something different - Crane Sakura bell. It sounded loud enough, looked shiny enough so I bought one.
Once back home I removed the cheapo bell and fitted the Crane bell, simple enough with one screw, set it in further on the handlebars for the correct thumb position on the lever, levelled it up then nipped up the screw. It has a louder sound than all my other bells so lets see if the dog walkers etc can hear it.

Here is a link to my Amba bell which is discounted at the mo from £15 down to £8 HERE
here is a link to more Crane BELLS and here

And here is the manufacturers blurb -
SKU: BLCB0005
Crane bells are made in Osaka, Japan. These traditional designs are timeless and have beautiful clear ring tones.
This is the small size bell from Crane, designed to fit pretty much any handlebar, that is plenty loud – 50% louder than the little brass bells that aren’t quite loud enough, and louder even than your typical “ding-ding” bells. Every bike should have one.

Specifications:
• 45mm diameter
• 22.2 - 25.4mm clamp
• Loud and clear tone
• Spring loaded lever arm strike mechanism






wonder if it will say as shiny as this

No comments:

Post a Comment