27 March 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - Northwave Farenheit Arctic 2 GTX Road Winter Boots

I have used Northwave mtb winter boots for at least 15+ years and have lasted / performed very well. The boots have never changed hugely over the years just minor design / colour tweaks each year. I have always used overshoes during the colder / winter months with my normal road shoes but I get sick of pulling them on and off and drying them out etc and wanted something warmer. I first ordered some Northwave Artic Extreme boots with a boa system but they were too tight around the widest part of my feet so back to the good old Artic boots, there are two different models, this one being the more expensive one - Farenheit GTX model. They are the same as the mtb model apart from the sole. They are lovely and furry on the inside and keep my feet warmer on a colder ride. I have read some reviews on the net that the small holes with mesh on the soles let in water during a very wet ride. I have not experienced this yet but if it starts I will block them up with some epoxy resin or silicone. As for sizing as always with Northwave you have go up a min one size compared to your normal shoe size, they come up very small and allow for a thicker winter sock. As for the colour well I don't mind the fluro yellow on the road, Angus has the same colour mtb boot but are always covered in mud and look scruffy compared to my black mtb model. If these last as long as my mtb boots I will be very happy.
The RRP is £180 but if you shop around they are discounted and I paid £105.81

Manufacturers blurb -
The Northwave ‘Farenheit Arctic 2 GTX’ winter boots are designed to improve your cycling performance in cold conditions. The cycling shoes are constructed with a Gore-Tex® Koala membrane, which delivers complete, breathable protection against rain, wind and snow.
An NRG carbon reinforced sole provides optimal durability and stiffness when pedalling, whilst a Thermowelded upper combines with an absence of stitching to allow for maximum comfort.
A speed lace closing system offers performance enhancing efficiency. The bike shoes also feature reflective details to improve visibility and safety on low light rides. Finished with Northwave branding. –M.R
Key Features:
  • Northwave ‘Farenheit Arctic 2 GTX’ winter boots
  • Gore-Tex® Koala membrane delivers complete, breathable weather protection
  • An NRG carbon reinforced sole provides optimal durability
  • Thermowelded upper for maximum comfort
  • Speed lace closing system offers performance enhancing efficiency
  • SPD-SL Cleat system

 

 





not sure what this small fin is about



These are the small holes.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment