6 March 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - Park Tool 471 Storage hook - oversized wood thread

A few years ago I ordered some Park Tool 471XX fat bike hooks from Westbrook Cycles and after buying the Beast of East bike I did not have any bigger hooks spare.
I ordered another couple and after some confusion with Madison they sent two 471 oversized wood hooks. At first they did not look big enough for my 3" Bridger tyre so tried it out on some 27.5+" wheels on Westys shop floor and looked ok but they were all 2.8".
Once back home I screwed it in and tried hanging my bike, no problem hooking the wheel in or out and is wide enough for a 3" tyre on WTB rims - job sorted.
I took a photo next to the 471XX as a comparison (see below) the hook is still the same diameter metal as the larger hook with a thick blue plastic protective sleeve.
I have been using the 471XX hooks for nearly two years and are still spot on and the plastic sleeves have not split yet.
Cannot go wrong for a fiver each.

Manufacturers blurb -
Oversized hooks for large MTB tires and tall aero rims, with inside width of 75mm (2.95") and 150mm (5.9") tall inside the J-bend.
Made from 9.5mm wire. Wood screw thread is nominally 11.4mm outside diameter (15/32") with 7 threads per inch. Use a minimum of 11/32" drill size to pilot wood hole.
Blue vinyl coated
Link to WEBSITE


3" tyre looks lost in the 471XX hook






471 just right for a 3"

not much spare space left though

471XX back to holding the 4 & 5" tyres/wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment