14 March 2016

Local spin out on the Salsa Beargrease fat bike

Firstly apologies for the lack of blogs last week but here's a quick update, Angus passed his driving theory test and is now waiting for his practical test. I was struck down with some bad bug and knocked me off my feet for two-three days and still no where near firing on all cylinders yet. I was freezing cold one minute and boiling hot the next, light headed, dizzy and as ever it went to my chest which brought on my coughing yet again making me vomit. I am now on two inhalers and tablets and hopefully the pain in my ribs will calm down when the coughing calms down. Still no appetite for food, which is a good thing for me lol. My guts are still heaving and my stomach feels like a concrete block, oh the joys just before I start some annual leave later on this week as well.
Anyway after drugging myself up I decided if my body could take on a local very steady off road ride. I have not been out on the beargrease for a while and needed something to put a smile back on my face so dragged it out, dusted it off, pumped the tyres up and headed for some dry / dusty trails. I planned my route carefully to avoid proper off road sections of ankle deep sloppy mud. The weather in Durham over the weekend and today has been fantastic but a chilly wind in places today when you were out of the sheltered sections of trail. I kept the pace very steady to keep my heart rate down to try and prevent the coughing starting and it worked a treat. The sun was a lovely feeling when ridding through the wood etc, its been a long cloudy / wet winter at times. Below are a few snaps but not many as was enjoying riding the fat bike -























No comments:

Post a Comment