2 March 2016

Wednesday ride & Tuesday walk

Made the wrong choice of bike & route today! I was going to go out on the Pilgrims but the forecasted strong winds and wanted a sheltered ride so took the Beast of East out. I then decided to do a mainly wooded / single track / back lane / farm track ride, then with in 1/2 a mile I was ploughing through deep sloppy cold mud whilst every hedge has just been cut so I was up the naffs pushing through fields with a front puncture within 3 miles. After fixing the puncture I continued on my planned route but was it was a straight single width bridleway with freshly cut hedges to both sides for nearly a mile - forget that, doubled back and through more boggy fields with cut hedge rows before reaching my start point again. Should have stuck to old railway lines! I will know better for next time lol. A few snaps from the short ride -






I went out for a local walk on Tuesday night, it was red hot and sweeting like a beast, 11 degrees mid afternoon and still warm into the evening. Kept it all local and covered just  over 6 miles in 1hr 49mins. Feet were boing by the time I got back in. Below are a few snaps from the walk, enjoy and hopefully more soon -












No comments:

Post a Comment