3 April 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - Halfords 27.5" presta inner tubes

I have used many manufacturers inner tubs over the years, some better than others inc Michy, Bonty, Conti, Surly, Schwalbe, Airwave etc. This is the first time using a Halfords own brand tube, not sure who makes them for Halfords but the packaging is minimal which I like, they are cheap when they are on offer ie 5no for £10 instead of £3.99 each. I got these just before Angus left Halfords and he bought them for just over a quid each!
They were to go into my 27.5+" bike and have had some fails blowing normal sized tubes up to stretch to plus size but gave it a go. The packaging states 2.1-2.5" and I am running full 3". Fitting was ok once I got the tyre bead off the rim and the old tube out. I used some talcum powder so stop them from sticking to the tyre. Once blown up they was no bang and the value did not pop out so only time would tell if they stayed inflated. The next day they were still ok. I have now been using them on the bike from new and have had no problems what so ever so can highly recommend them to a standard rip off 27.5" rare inner tube. They are also a lot lighter as well. Sometimes when blowing tubes up to a plus size stretches the rubber so it is very thin and are prone more to flats but this has not been the case so for.
Here is a link to THEM. Here is the blurb as well -
The Halfords Presta Bike Inner Tube measures 27.5" x 2.1" to 2.5" and will fit most 27.5" bike wheels and tyres. A must have replacement when a puncture repair kit won't do on worn and damaged tubes caused by all your off road riding.
Extra Info
  • Dimensions 27.5" x 2.1" - 2.5"
  • Presta type bike valve
  • One inner tube supplied







just a small collection off my spare tubes !

No comments:

Post a Comment