19 April 2016

Sunny gravel / tarmac ride to Pontop pike transmitter on the Bowman Pilgrims

Todays rides took in the route up to Pontop Pike transmitting station, I have passed it hundreds of times in the car/van and seen it from the old railway line tracks but never ventured up the lane until today.
The sun was out but there was still the chilly wind again, its the first ride of the year with shorts on! still had my thermal long sleeve top and gilet on to keep the chilly breeze off my chest. It was a ride of two halves as I headed up from Birtley direction on the old railway line then once at the road junction to Pontop I crossed over onto tarmac for the second half. I didn't see any other cyclists out the whole ride, thought there might have been some roadies out in the sun or some plodders along the line.
Below are a few pics from the ride, enjoy and more soon - hopefully the sun will keep on shinning ;-)















No comments:

Post a Comment