22 May 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - Garmin Forerunner 15

I bought this watch for walking as I don't do that much running now but it is advertised as a running GPS watch. Jane has the older Forerunner 10 and has not had any problems but I wanted to record my HR so opted for the newer Forerunner 15 model. This model comes in two different sizes and loads of colour options. As I have mentioned before the strap is very short and if you have a big wrist you might be struggling to get it to fit. When I wear mine it has only got two spare holes left on the strap. Starting and using is simple enough just a few clicks of the buttons. Once started I leave it alone until I finish then stop/save the activity. It is then simple enough to download to the computer via the usb charging cable which is supplied in the box via Garmin Connect. When out on the trails it beeps every time you do a mile, you can scroll through the data as you are out doing your activity if you want to. One thing I have noticed if I take my Garmin Edge 800 for mapping when out walking and also Forerunner 15 I have downloaded both activities and the miles are always less on the edge but the feet climbed is always more on the Edge. Garmin states the battery will last up to 8 hours on GPS, I have not tested this to the max but after my 11.25mile walk the other week the battery indicator was well down near the empty mark and that was less than 4 hours, its not a fast charge ever. I tend to charge it up through the night and its full in the morning.  
RRP £120, I paid £68.78 from Maplin. Normal websites are around the £85 mark which is about the right price for the watch I would say.
Manufacturers blurb -

Easy-to-use GPS Running Watch with Heart Rate

  • Tracks distance, pace, heart rate¹ and calories
  • Activity tracking counts steps and calories and reminds you when it’s time to move
  • Compatible with foot pod² for recording distance indoors
  • Up to 8 hours of battery life with GPS on or 5 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode
  • Save, plan and share your activities at Garmin Connect™

Run with all your heart. Forerunner 15 captures essential stats from your run like time, distance and pace. When paired with a heart rate strap¹, it also records your heart rate and heart rate zone so you’ll know when you hit your target. Training with heart rate also allows you to monitor when you need to rein it in and when you can push yourself harder.

Top Features of the Garmin Forerunner 15 GPS Watch

In The Box
Forerunner 15
Charging/data cable
Manual
Easy To Use GPS Watch
Tracks distance, pace, heart rate (heart rate monitor sold separately) and calories
Activity tracking counts steps and calories and reminds you when it’s time to move
Compatible with foot pod² for recording distance indoors
Up to 8 hours of battery life with GPS on or 5 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode
Save, plan and share your activities at Garmin Connect™
Website - HERE








No comments:

Post a Comment