8 May 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - Schwalbe Rocket Ron 27.5+ x 3" Lite skin & Snake Skin

 
I fitted these a couple of weeks ago when we had some nice weather for a couple of days so managed a couple of rides on them before the week of snow, rain, sleet etc but I haven't had a chance to get back on them since so cannot really comment a lot on there performance yet, but -
The Evo light weight is 741g (claimed weight 720g)
The snakeskin is 804g (claimed weight 830g)
The winter tyres I removed were
Nobby nic snakeskin 895g
WTB Bridger 1147g

so I have saved 497g in total for some summer trail blasting which is a fair old chuck off the rotating mass to hump up the hills.
On the couple of rides I rode on a variety of dry terrain and chambers I did not experience any grip problems and were notably faster to bring up to speed. Fitting on the WTB tubeless rims was ok and not too tight compared to the WTB tyre and with some washing up liquid the beads cracked straight away with the air compressor. I thought the knobs look bigger in photos than they are in real life when the tyre is inflated. They also come upto full 75mm when inflated on my WTB rims so don't come up small. Hopefully the dry conditions continue and I find plenty off time to rack up some more miles on them.
I bought the Snakeskin from Westbrook Cycles & the Lightskin from next day tyres, both were £45 each. Update - Next day tyres - Liteskin is now £43

                                   Rolling               Road Grip            Off-Road Grip    Protection         Durability


Manufacturers blurb - This lightweight ‘rocket’ fulfils many requirements all at the same time: incredible grip with extremely low weight and rolling resistance, with all technical refinements already on board - 127-EPI-Evo carcass, PaceStar Triple Compound, excellent self cleaning, open tread profile.
Link to the WEBPAGE
RRP £57










No comments:

Post a Comment