7 May 2016

Weekly catch up and Saturday morning local road ride on the Cannondale bling bikes

Well the weather finally picked up after the Bank Holiday weekend when we went back to work on the Tuesday - typical so me and Jane managed a good walk out 5.5 miles in the red hot sunshine for a change. I also tried out my new Garmin Forerunner 15 watch which seemed to work spot on. The wrist strap is a little short and i dont think i have fat wrists! It was fairly easy to set up and set away. Then me, Jane & Angus were busy with the elections at the back end of week but I managed to get a couple of walks in on the Friday and covered around 10-11 miles but forgot my Garmin and camera so could not log them. The weather was more overcast which is better for me but still hot and sweaty. 
Today was back to cold and foggy when out on the road bikes. The temperature hovered around 6-7 degrees and a stiff old wind blowing yet again. The only plus point was there no rain! We decided to get the Cannondale bling machines out, dusted them off, pumped up the tyres, drop of lube and they were rocking and rolling. My clothing also changed yet again  back to mainly winter kit. We stopped local again and did the same route as two weeks ago but backwards for a change. The climbing seemed harder but we were faster, my legs did not feel that coming back in straight into the headwind. There was loads of other roadies out, mainly women which is nice to see. Back to higher temperatures tomorrow and sun inland. The coast is going to cloudy with a cold wind by all accounts.
More soon and enjoy a few pics below -
Update- the cloud burn off mid/late afternoon so me and jane went out for a local walk out for 5.5 miles, it was hot by the time we got back in. More hiking tomorrow.


Tuesday sun

Cloudy Saturday







come on big lad, nearly at the top !

No comments:

Post a Comment