19 June 2016

Fresh Goods Sunday - Endura Equipe Criterium Bib Shorts


I have used Endura shorts / tights for many years starting with the MT500 version. I have tried other brands with mixed success so I was after another good pair for the road as my MTR ones are still going strong for the off road side of things. I have several other items from the Equipe range and tend to be spot on but not any shorts so when I found these on Westbrook Cycles website I thought I would give them a go. The is spot on apart from the waist line is a little to low for me, pad insert is comfortable but have not tested it on a long ride yet. I said I was going to keep them for the road but the last time out I was loading the van with the mtb's and caught the chain ring on the side of the shorts right in the middle of the white panel, lovely black greasy chain ring tattoo on them! that is why I normally stick to plain black shorts where possible. The legs grippers and grippy and they don't ride up. The shoulder straps are comfortable and soft so don't dig into your shoulders. The material seems breathable so are nice and cool on hotter rides. These are not for the colder / winter days. To be honest the asking price is on the high side but as I always say keep your eye out for a bargain.

Manufacturers blurb -
Endura Equipe Criterium Bib Shorts Classic ergonomic 8 panel bibshorts in Italian Power Lycra with Italian multidensity "Criterium" stretch pad developed by Endura Racing Professional Cycle Team for high comfort with minimal bulk - 800 Series Stretch Criterium Pad: developed with the Endura Racing team riders. Italian pad made from layered multi-density open-cell foam with aerated, TRS foam layer including 8mm perforations to massage and improve circulation as well as providing faster drying. Endura Racing lime green microfiber facing has permanent antibacterial finish - Fast wicking and soft-textured 3 dimensional mesh bibstraps provide stretch, accommodation and fast drying comfort by employing a textured fabric face that increases surface area to accelerate evaporation - Body fit around thighs incorporate multipanel contoured panels to blend aero front and fast wicking hind panels with both providing excellent muscle support through use of extra supportive Power Lycra - High stretch external leg grippers with hypoallergenic silicone inner provide secure fit - die cut reflectives applied on rear - High cut wicking mesh rear panel holds shoulder straps firmly in place.
RRP £89.99, shop around as I paid £29 at Westbrook Cycles














No comments:

Post a Comment