4 July 2016

Local gravel ride on the Norco Search & a catch up

Firstly apologies for the lack of blogs last week but I have been very busy at work and at home. I have also been looking for a new van and having to make up my mind on how many seats / cargo space we need. Well it was a tough decision which changed numerous times but I collected our new Peugeot Partner van last Saturday morning from a dealer in Gateshead.
Getting back to more interesting stuff like riding bikes well I haven't turned a mile! not through choice so today I headed out on the Norco Search in search of some gravel / quiet country lanes for a loop. I headed off up Consett direction on the old railway line and turned left onto the road at Hurbuck Cottages then left again at the crossroads to drop me back down into Lanchester to pick up the old railway line again. It was very hot and muggy and thankfully overcast. I wanted to get back before the storms were due around tea time. There was hardly a sole kicking around apart from one or two dog walkers / cyclists. The ground is still bone dry and dusty but was a slog away into the headwind on the way out by flying along coming back. The Norco Search really is a lovely comfortable bike to ride and kicks on the climbs when you need it to. There is little frame flex or in the wheel department either with the bolt through axles.
Hopefully have some more spare time this week to get some more rides / walks in as I haven't been out walking much either.
Enjoy the few photos below and hopefully more soon -
PS - Durham County Council have started their road chipping season so you have been warned!










Not sure if the Lanchester show has been on or is on soon






No comments:

Post a Comment