10 September 2016

Early Saturday morning ride on my Salsa Beargrease down to Durham then a went for a run

Up and out on the Salsa Beargrease just after 6am this morning and it was still a little dark so put my lights on. By 6.30am the open sections had some day light but once into the wooded sections its was still very dark. No wind for a change and not too cold either but still put my gillet on top of the ss jersey to keep the chill off my chest. Not many people up and oot n aboot around the river banks which makes it much better riding for me. Once into Durham is was a quick skirt of the river banks and out to Maiden Castle and up / down the trod. The farmers have been back out splatting the hawthorn hedges again! On the way back in the dog walkers had started appearing but still quite. A lovely local 14 miler and back before anyone was even up in the house!
A quick pit stop change and into my running gear, trainers fastened and off for a local run with just a couple of clicks, no big climbs and 4 miles later I was back in the house again packing for NECCL SATURDAY SERIES RD 1 @ Hetton Lyons Country Park.
Below are a few pics for the ride, NETT Quad racing is on at Wooley Grange today and tomorrow as well.























No comments:

Post a Comment