18 October 2016

Local gravel / tarmac ride on the Norco Search

Yesterday I was planning on going out on my bike but it hammered down and was pitch black so did not bother but later in the day it dried up and sun came out so me and Jane went for a 5 mile walk over to the café at Pity Me Nurseries for a cuppa n cake and a steady walk back. The trails are up the naffs now and have started using the Alt Berg winter boots again, my feet were lovely and warm/dry yesterday.
As for today well the sun was out and so was I. The Norco Search with full winter mudguards fitted was my ride today. I started off on the old railway line to Bishop then on the way back I turned off at Willington and hit the back road to Stanley Crook then back on the line back to Broompark. The lines had some big puddles and were soft going through the wooded sections with the wet fallen leaves. The rain woke me this morning around 4-5am as it was hammering down so did not expect the lines to be anything but.
The bike performed well with only a couple of rubs on the front mud guard when I hit some rough sections on the gravel lines. There was loads of other cyclists out and dog walkers. It was not that hot and I had a canny headwind all the way up to the top of Stanley Crook from Willington. When the sun went the temperature dropped to less than 6 degrees on the Garmin., she was real chilly.
Below are a few pics from ride, enjoy and hopefully more soon -













No comments:

Post a Comment