4 October 2016

Sunny ride down to Thorpe Thewles Country Park

This ride was out of the blue, I was at Hutton Henry and when I was passing through Station Town on the way back I seen the National Cycle route sign and thought it would be rude not to get the bike out for a spin. I was going to head north but headed south instead. Its the first time I have ever ridden this stretch of old railway line so did not know what to expect. It was mainly flat and smooth'ish with no big climbs / descents just a few dippers as I call them. It was a quite stretch of line passing only a couple of other people. It was busier when I reached the country park end with dog walkers etc. I thought the line continued on but ended up riding down the side of some rather large steps and thought it was not right. I back tracked and found the route to Stockton down the park drive and crossed a main road. I turned here as I wanted to stop of the old line so headed back up the same way. Again it was very quite but had a headwind this time and it is a slight incline all the way. As for the views there is not many as nearly all the track is lined with trees / bushes all the way. There was some lovely views looking over Hurworth reservoir. I took the Norco Search Adventure bike, as ever is was a lovely smooth comfortable ride. Below are a few pics, enjoy the weather  and hopefully more soon -





















No comments:

Post a Comment