23 November 2016

First ride out on the Cannondale Slate Apex

After building the bike last week I have never had a chance to get out and with second man flue I have been right off my feet. I was at the docs on Monday and now have two sets of tablets and two inhalers to try and sort me out. It has also rained for nearly two - three solid here in Co Durham which has not helped as well. Today the sun sort of got out so I sort of got out. It was a very steady away cold ride with my heart rate all over the place and by the time I hit 18-19 miles I was ready for home.
As for the bike well that went a lot better than I did. The route was a mix of gravel, mud, railway tracks, single track, road and country lanes. The G one tyres spin along nicely on the tarmac which I was surprised at as I thought they might be a lot of drag. Off road they cut through the deeper mud surface to find traction, they also performed well on the gravel.
As for the bike well it climbs well when in the saddle, not tried out of the saddle yet. The gearing is big enough for any hills I rode toady and spun out at around 30mph on the road sections which is fast enough. The braking is more than powerful enough and locked the wheels a couple of times on steep loose descents. As for the rigid fork well I certainly did not miss any lefty fork suspension. Took a few jars to the wrists on the washed out track down the trod but on the whole the hands were not acing. I was running the tyres at 60psi rear and 50psi front. The recommended pressure is anywhere between 45 -70psi. Considering just how wet and muddy it was I did not get that much spray as the front tyre is a lot narrower than the downtube and had a ass saver type rear guard on.
Hopefully more miles soon which I can post up, below is a few pics from the ride -




























No comments:

Post a Comment