28 February 2017

Early Tuesday Morning road ride from Stokesley

Looked out the window around 5.30am and no snow but van was covered in ice so time to have an early start to miss traffic on the A19. It was dark and 0 degrees when I left Stokesley at 6.50am on my Norco Search. The roads were covered in ice nearly all the way around so took it steady on descents and corners. After daylight coming through so did the sun. Still a chilly headwind in places and the roads were muddy with plenty of pot holes. Had to stop at the train crossing so had a drink & 1/2 energy bar. Good ride but legs were empty by the end. Once back I had covered nearly 47 miles in less than 3hrs 10mins with less than 2000ft of climbing (flat route). I could never try and describe the route as I don't know the roads down there that well. I followed the route on my Garmin, the last time I did it was two years ago. The Garmin was going mentally a couple of times so had to stop and restart the route. After that it behaved itself and was easy to follow. Here is a link to the ROUTE it is mainly back country lanes / quiet roads with very little traffic.
Once back to Stokesley it was time to change out of the damp cycling gear and into warm clean clothes. Then it was time to call in past Westys to drop off the Cannondale Slate Apex - gears not working, loose spoke in rear wheel and loosen off crank bolt so I can grease up the bb30 bearings,
Below are a couple of snap shots but did not stop that often to take them, enjoy and hopefully more soon -













Time to wash, dry & lube the bike ready for its next outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment