26 February 2017

Weekend Catch up

 

Yesterday was catch up / tidy up day from the holidays. Van and car washed and cleaned out. Took Jane's private number plate off retention and put it on the new car.
Then onto fitting some different handlebars on the Cannondale Slate Apex to reduce the inner angle of the cable. I removed the bar tape and side the shifter onto the new bars (Ritchey WCS Neo Classic 44cm) and checked the rear mech before taping the cable to the bars, failure. The rear mech is not shifting properly even before I tape the cable up so back to square one again. Is it the rear mech again or a dodgy shifter? Who knows but its back down to Westys again and hopefully get sorted this time. Tell you one thing I am sick of Sram Apex 1, what a bag of dog doo. I then moved onto my new sidi mtb shoes and got them ready for some warmer / drier weather (see this weeks Fresh Goods Sunday).
 
 As for today well I wanted to give the bike a miss as I knacked my knees / muscles up running back down Skiddaw when on holidays and the wind was blowing like a good'un so stripped the laces out of my winter Alt Berg walking boots and washed them. After that treated them with their special wax and replaces one of the laces.
Then it was onto my new Sidi road shoes, more on them in a coming up Fresh Goods Sunday.

 

After that I had a coat to pick up for Angus from Cotswolds in Durham so had a walk down and a loop around the riverbanks and back home. Not a bad day apart from the wind and no sun but its dry.























I have also got some reading / dreaming to catch up on after last weeks collection of reading materials from the Lakes -









No comments:

Post a Comment