31 March 2017

Local gravel ride on the Cannondale Super X Hi mod.

Yesterday when I checked the forecast it was looking like the best day of the week- dry, sunshine and no wind. Looked out the bling line slayer and my new Sidi mtb shoes ready. Checked again first thing this am and the forecast had changed to rain for most of the day and strong winds. I put on my spare mtb shoes but still took the Cannondale Super X out. God this bike flies along when you have a massive tailwind and deep rims. Well the rain did not come to much but kept going very dark now and then with a few spots of rain mixed in but on the whole a dry ride. As for the wind well that was a killer heading up the line from Consett to Waskerley. After the first hump and on the long open straight that was enough for me so I turned and headed back. Quite a few people out and about today. Below are a few pics from the ride and hopefully more soon.
PS - Bishop Auckland Food Festival in on this weekend.












Working on the massive puddle in the bottom of the dip on my "1/2 over route" that I have not done for quite a few years




No comments:

Post a Comment